Re-Opening Church & Masses to our Parishioners
(Updated August 3)
- Wearing a face masks is required.
- Attendance is limited to 30% capacity (125 people) to maintain social distancing.
- Pews and regularly touched surfaces are sanitized after each Mass.
- Tuesday evening and Saturday morning daily Masses typically have fewer people in attendance. These would be a good option for those concerned about the larger Sunday crowds but would still like to come to Mass.
- Sacrament of Reconciliation has returned to the pre-closure schedule. Times can be found on the home page of our website.
- The church is open for private prayer from 8:30am to 5pm Monday-Saturday (typically). There is Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament on the first Wednesday of the month from 9am-9pm.
- The 8am Sunday Mass will continue to be live streamed on Facebook and later posted on YouTube and this page.
- Update: The obligation to attend Sunday Mass in person is lifted until at least November 1.
- It is recommended that those ages 65 and older and those with any underlying medical issues continue remaining at home. The recommendation comes from the CDC and Archbishop Thompson because this is the population most vulnerable to the coronavirus.
The HFNA COVID19 Reopening Protocols were updated on July 23, 2020. Please take the time to read them before coming to Holy Family for prayer or Mass.
These protocols will be reevaluated weekly, and we anticipate adjustments to be made. We will continue to update this page and share information on Facebook and in our email newsletter. Thank you for your patience and cooperation in advance.
Not sure if it's time to return to Mass in person? This decision chart offers some guidance. (Click here to enlarge.)
Join us for Mass!
Whether you are ready to join us in person or not, the Mass is available to our parishioners each weekend.
Our streaming set up was recently upgraded to provide a better experience to those at home. You can join us live on Facebook Live, or watch it later on Facebook or YouTube. You do not need an account on either platform to watch.
Pastor's Notes - September 20 (25th Sunday in Ordinary Time)
Tues, Sept 15 - Eddie Cook
Wed, Sept 16 - Norma & Paul Graf
Thur, Sept 17 - Doug McDonald
Fri, Sept 18 - Diezeman Family
Sat, Sept 19 - All Religious Brothers & Sisters; Ben & Jesse Fessel
Sun, Sept 20 - Parishioners of Holy Family Parish; Nancy Grantz; Doris Owens
Tues, Sept 22 - Jack Krininger
Wed, Sept 23 - John “Terry” Wilson
Thur, Sept 24 - Maria von Bun
Fri, Sept 25 - Doug McDonald
Sat, Sept 26 - Keith Henderson; Vincent & Frieda Klein
Sun, Sept 27 - Lila Foster; Parishioners of Holy Family Parish; Margaret Crone Cornes
- What To Do When You Can't Go To Mass
- National Alliance on Mental Health COVID-19 Resources
- How Should Catholics Respond to the Coronavirus? - Fr. Mike Schmitz
- The Why & How of Spiritual Communion
- St. Paul Center Online Studies
- Understanding the Bible - USCCB
- Daily Mass with the Archdiocese of Indianapolis
- Mass on TV: Tips for Transforming Your Couch Into A Pew - Article from Busted Halo
- Mental Health Resources
From the Archdiocese of Indianapolis:
- Plan for Reopening of Churches and Resuming the Celebration of Public Mass - May 8, updated May 22
- Statement on the Resumption of Public Liturgies - May 6
- Moving Forward from Pandemic - May 1
- Closure of Churches is Necessary to Keep All Safe - April 6
- Let us remain Christ-centered during this difficult time - April 3
- Supporting Charitable Works of the Church - April 3
- Statement on the Care of Souls and the Forgiveness of Sins During this Pandemic in the Archdiocese of Indianapolis - March 24
- Information on the Suspension of the Public Celebration of Mass and the Temporary Closure of the Archbishop Edward T. O’Meara Catholic Center and Agencies - March 17
From Holy Family:
- Sunday Mass Obligation Lifted Until Nov. 1 - August 3
- Update to Reopening Protocols – June 5
- Pastor's Notes for Pentecost Sunday – May 31
- Pastor's Notes for Ascension Sunday – May 24
- Pastor's Notes for the 6th Sunday of Easter - May 17
- Pastor's Notes for the 5th Sunday of Easter - May 10
- Pastor's Notes fro the 4th Sunday of Easter - May 3
- Pastor's Notes for the 3rd Sunday of Easter - April 26
- Pastor's Notes for Divine Mercy Sunday - April 19
- Pastor's Notes for Easter Sunday - April 12
- Pastor's Notes for Palm Sunday - April 5
- Pastor's Notes for the 5th Sunday of Lent - March 29
- Pastor's Notes for the Feast of the Annunciation - March 25
- Closure of Churches in ArchIndy - March 17