|There will be no daily Mass or Confessions June 8-12 due to Fr. Gries being out of town.|
Re-Opening Church & Masses to our Parishioners
(Updated June 5)
- Public liturgies at Holy Family have resumed. Attendance is limited to 30% capacity (125 people) to maintain social distancing. Pews and regularly touched surfaces are sanitized after each Mass.
- UPDATE: We are not currently approaching the 125 person limit, so Sunday Masses will no longer be limited to every other weekend by last name.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before Mass time to make seating easier.
- Weekday Masses typically have a small number of people in attendance. These would be a good option for those concerned about the larger Sunday crowds but would still like to come to Mass.
- The church is open for private prayer from 8:30am to 5pm Monday-Saturday.
- Sacrament of Reconciliation has returned to the pre-closure schedule. Times can be found on the home page of our website.
- The 8am Sunday Mass will continue to be live streamed on Facebook and later posted on YouTube.
- The obligation to attend Sunday Mass in person is lifted until at least August 15.
- Wearing a mask is recommended while on church grounds.
- It is recommended that those ages 65 and older and those with any underlying medical issues continue remaining at home. The recommendation comes from the CDC and Archbishop Thompson because this is the population most vulnerable to the coronavirus.
The HFNA COVID19 Reopening Protocols were updated on June 5, 2020. Please take the time to read them before coming to Holy Family for prayer or Mass.
These protocols will be reevaluated weekly, and we anticipate adjustments to be made. We will continue to update this page and share information on Facebook and in our email newsletter. Thank you for your patience and cooperation in advance.
Not sure if it's time to return to Mass in person? This decision chart offers some guidance. (Click here to enlarge.)
8am Mass will continue to be live streamed!
Like and follow us on Facebook to be notified when we go live. We will begin the stream 5 minutes before the scheduled time so you pray in silence before we begin.
Not on Facebook? No problem! All our live streams are now available even without an account. Go to our Facebook page and click on the "Live" tab. The video will also be available on this page by 10:00am each Sunday.
Mass for Pentecost Sunday
Go to our YouTube page if you have trouble viewing this video.
Pastor's Notes - May 31 (Pentecost Sunday)
Online Bulletin - May 29
Tues, June 2 – Kenny & Boyd Browning
Wed, June 3 – Friends and Benefactors of HFP
Thur, June 4 – Bill Schmidt
Fri, June 5 – Albert Schmitt
Sat, June 6 – Norbert Andres; Fr. Marchino
Sun, June 7 – Herman Wolfred; Holy Family Parishioners; Andrew & Elizabeth Park
- What To Do When You Can't Go To Mass
- National Alliance on Mental Health COVID-19 Resources
- How Should Catholics Respond to the Coronavirus? - Fr. Mike Schmitz
- The Why & How of Spiritual Communion
- St. Paul Center Online Studies
- Understanding the Bible - USCCB
- Daily Mass with the Archdiocese
- Mass on TV: Tips for Transforming Your Couch Into A Pew - Article from Busted Halo
- Strong in the Face of Tribulation – Digital download provided by the Vatican which includes:
- The Prayer of the Church in Difficult Times
- What if I Can't Participate in the Sacraments?
- Homilies, Angelus, and Regina Coeli and Messages beginning March 9.
- Mental Health Resources
From the Archdiocese of Indianapolis:
- Plan for Reopening of Churches and Resuming the Celebration of Public Mass - May 8, updated May 22
- Statement on the Resumption of Public Liturgies - May 6
- Moving Forward from Pandemic - May 1
- Closure of Churches is Necessary to Keep All Safe - April 6
- Let us remain Christ-centered during this difficult time - April 3
- Supporting Charitable Works of the Church - April 3
- Statement on the Care of Souls and the Forgiveness of Sins During this Pandemic in the Archdiocese of Indianapolis - March 24
- Information on the Suspension of the Public Celebration of Mass and the Temporary Closure of the Archbishop Edward T. O’Meara Catholic Center and Agencies - March 17
From Holy Family:
- Update to Reopening Protocols – June 5
- Pastor's Notes for Pentecost Sunday – May 31
- Pastor's Notes for Ascension Sunday – May 24
- Pastor's Notes for the 6th Sunday of Easter - May 17
- Pastor's Notes for the 5th Sunday of Easter - May 10
- Pastor's Notes fro the 4th Sunday of Easter - May 3
- Pastor's Notes for the 3rd Sunday of Easter - April 26
- Pastor's Notes for Divine Mercy Sunday - April 19
- Pastor's Notes for Easter Sunday - April 12
- Pastor's Notes for Palm Sunday - April 5
- Pastor's Notes for the 5th Sunday of Lent - March 29
- Pastor's Notes for the Feast of the Annunciation - March 25
- Closure of Churches in ArchIndy - March 17