Re-Opening Church & Masses to our Parishioners
(Updated October 22)
- Wearing a face mask is required.
- Attendance is limited to 30% capacity (125 people) to maintain social distancing.
- Pews and regularly touched surfaces are sanitized after each Mass.
- Tuesday evening and Saturday morning daily Masses typically have fewer people in attendance. These would be a good option for those concerned about the larger Sunday crowds but would still like to come to Mass.
- Sacrament of Reconciliation has returned to the pre-closure schedule. Times can be found on the home page of our website.
- The church is open for private prayer from 8:30am to 5pm Monday-Saturday (typically). There is Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament on the first and third Wednesday of the month from 9am-9pm.
- The 8am Sunday Mass will continue to be live streamed on Facebook and later posted on YouTube.
- Update: The obligation to attend Sunday Mass in person is lifted indefinitely.
- It is recommended that those ages 65 and older and those with any underlying medical issues continue remaining at home. The recommendation comes from the CDC and Archbishop Thompson because this is the population most vulnerable to the coronavirus.
The HFNA COVID19 Reopening Protocols were updated on July 23, 2020. Please take the time to read them before coming to Holy Family for prayer or Mass.
These protocols will be reevaluated regularly as guidance from local and state officials changes. We will continue to update this page and share information on Facebook and in our email newsletter. Thank you for your patience and cooperation in advance.
Join us for Mass!
Whether you are ready to join us in person or not, the Mass is available to our parishioners each weekend.
Our streaming set up was recently upgraded to provide a better experience to those at home. You can join us live on Facebook Live, or watch it later on Facebook or YouTube. You do not need an account on either platform to watch.
Pastor's Notes - Christ the King (November 22)
Pastor's Notes - 1st Sunday of Advent (November 29)
Tues, Nov 24 - For healing of Carol Brummet
Wed, Nov 25 - John & Doris Davis
Thur, Nov 26 - Martha Schmitt
Fri, Nov 27 - No Mass
Sat, Nov 28 - Herman & Grace Banet; Albert Schmitt
Sun, Nov 29 - Martha Schmitt; Ed & Rita Christian; Parishioners of Holy Family Parish
Tues, Dec. 1 - Friends & Benefactors of HFP
Wed, Dec 2 - Joseph & Marie Prestigiacomo
Thu, Dec 3 - Dwan Hublar
Fri, Dec 4 - Mary Briscoe & Butch Meyer
Sat, Dec 5 - For all those affected by COVID-19 & for an end to the virus; Parishioners of Holy Family Parish
Sun, Dec 6 - Clara Wolford; Travis Watkins; Ronald Owens
Not sure if it's time to return to Mass in person? This decision chart offers some guidance. (Click here to enlarge.)
- What To Do When You Can't Go To Mass
- National Alliance on Mental Health COVID-19 Resources
- How Should Catholics Respond to the Coronavirus? - Fr. Mike Schmitz
- The Why & How of Spiritual Communion
- St. Paul Center Online Studies
- Understanding the Bible - USCCB
- Daily Mass with the Archdiocese of Indianapolis
- Mass on TV: Tips for Transforming Your Couch Into A Pew - Article from Busted Halo
- Mental Health Resources
From the Archdiocese of Indianapolis:
- Plan for Reopening of Churches and Resuming the Celebration of Public Mass - May 8, updated May 22
- Statement on the Resumption of Public Liturgies - May 6
- Moving Forward from Pandemic - May 1
- Closure of Churches is Necessary to Keep All Safe - April 6
- Let us remain Christ-centered during this difficult time - April 3
- Supporting Charitable Works of the Church - April 3
- Statement on the Care of Souls and the Forgiveness of Sins During this Pandemic in the Archdiocese of Indianapolis - March 24
- Information on the Suspension of the Public Celebration of Mass and the Temporary Closure of the Archbishop Edward T. O’Meara Catholic Center and Agencies - March 17
From Holy Family:
- Sunday Mass Obligation Lifted Indefinitely - October 22
- Sunday Mass Obligation Lifted Until Nov. 1 - August 3
- Update to Reopening Protocols – June 5
- Pastor's Notes for Pentecost Sunday – May 31
- Pastor's Notes for Ascension Sunday – May 24
- Pastor's Notes for the 6th Sunday of Easter - May 17
- Pastor's Notes for the 5th Sunday of Easter - May 10
- Pastor's Notes fro the 4th Sunday of Easter - May 3
- Pastor's Notes for the 3rd Sunday of Easter - April 26
- Pastor's Notes for Divine Mercy Sunday - April 19
- Pastor's Notes for Easter Sunday - April 12
- Pastor's Notes for Palm Sunday - April 5
- Pastor's Notes for the 5th Sunday of Lent - March 29
- Pastor's Notes for the Feast of the Annunciation - March 25
- Closure of Churches in ArchIndy - March 17