BAPTISM | Baptism is the sacramental “doorway” through which people enter into the divine life of God, the Body of Christ which is the Church, and the life-long school of discipleship in Jesus. Baptism removes original sin and strengthens our broken humanity.
- Infant Baptisms are celebrated on the first Sunday of each month after the 10:30 a.m. Mass.
- Parents who have not previously received pre-baptismal instruction OR who have not received instruction within the past three (3) years, are required to attend a Baptismal Preparation Class. Please call Theresa Shaw at (812) 944-8283 x5 to schedule a meeting for the Baptismal Preparation Class.
- We encourage godparents to attend this class, as well.
- Parents who are not registered members of Holy Family will be asked to present a letter from the parish they are attending giving permission for the baptism to be celebrated here.
- Parents who are not registered members of any parish will meet with the pastor before attending baptismal preparation.
- Call (812) 944-8283 x5 to schedule infant baptisms.
CONFIRMATION | Confirmation is the sealing of Christian Initiation with the gift of the Holy Spirit who strengthens us to live as Christ calls us to live.
- For Confirmation preparation, please contact the parish office (812) 944-8283.
- Confirmation is required for being a godparent or a sponsor. It is strongly encouraged before entering Matrimony.
HOLY EUCHARIST | Holy Eucharist is the gift of the Lord’s true Body and Blood. In the Mass the sacrifice of Calvary is remembered and made present by the Holy Spirit. Through the Eucharist, followers of Jesus are strengthened in bonds of charity and faith with all those who hold and profess the Catholic Faith.
- Preparation for Holy Eucharist for Adults in done through the RCIA (RITES of Christian Initiation of Adults- The RITES of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) is the process through which interested adults and older children are BROUGHT INTO the Roman Catholic faith and way of life.) Contact the parish office at (812) 944-8283
- Children are prepared for First Eucharist in the 2nd grade. Children must have had at least one full year of catechesis prior to the year in which they will make the sacrament. If your child is past this age for making First Eucharist, s/he will participate in the RCIC ( the RCIA process described above but adapted for children. Please contact Theresa Shaw at (812) 944-8283 x5.
RECONCILIATION | The sacramental confession of sins is the ordinary way in which Catholics find forgiveness for sins committed after Baptism.
- The Sacrament of Reconciliation (Confession) is celebrated Tuesdays 5:30-50 p.m., Saturdays after 8:00 a.m. Mass until 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 – 4:45 p.m., Sundays 5:00-5:50 p.m. or by request and appointment.
- Children’s preparation for Reconciliation is held during the 2nd grade year for both Holy Family School and the Catholic Faith Formation classes. Contact Theresa Shaw at 944-8283 x5.
MATRIMONY | In Holy Matrimony the life-long love of husband and wife becomes a sign of Christ’s love and faithfulness to his spouse, the Church.
- All Catholics are required to have their marriage witnessed by a priest or deacon unless dispensed.
- The Archdiocese of Indianapolis requires a six-month window for marriage preparation.
- Couples should first contact the pastor prior to these six months – Fr. Jeremy Gries, (812) 944-8283 ext. 1
HOLY ORDERS | Through the Sacrament of Holy Orders the Lord Jesus renews his gift of leadership in the Church; first through his bishops, the successors of the apostles, and then through their delegated priest and deacons.
- Men who are interested in becoming priests or permanent deacons may contact our pastor, Father Jeremy Gries at (812) 944-8283 ext. 1 or Father Eric Augenstein, Archdiocese of Indianapolis Vocation Director, at (800-382-9836).
ANOINTING OF THE SICK | Through laying on of hands and anointing with blessed oil the priest brings Christ’s healing love to those who are in danger of death or seriously burdened with infirmities.
- This sacrament is offered on the last Wednesday of the month during the 8:00 a.m. Mass and is also celebrated upon request at home or in the hospital. In case of an emergency call Father Jeremy at (812) 944-8283 ext. 1