Dear parishioners, friends, and benefactors:
“Take courage, it is I; do not be afraid.” ~ Matthew 14:27
Archbishop Thompson suspended all public Masses and Liturgy in the Archdiocese of Indianapolis effective March 18 until stated otherwise. All public Masses, Confessions, Adoration, and parish Stations of the Cross are now canceled. (See attached Memo and Announcement from the Archbishop)
This means you may NOT attend Mass in person. (Trust me, I never thought I would say or type such words in my entire life.) I will continue to offer private daily & Sunday Masses for the needs of Holy Family, the Church, the World, and the intentions of the day. I invite you to offer private prayers for the same.
EACH SUNDAY – please spend time reading the readings for the day or watching Mass online. Additional resources for online Mass feeds will be forthcoming. You can begin an ancient, but recently forgotten practice, of making frequent Spiritual Communions. May this temporary ‘fast’ from physical reception of the Eucharist grow in us a true and deep hunger for the Bread of Life.
During this time, I would also invite you to rediscover the rich Devotional Life of the Catholic Church:
- Rosary (can be prayed as a family in call and response format)
- Stations of the Cross (can be prayed at home),
- Litany of Holy Name of Jesus
- Litany of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
- Litany of the Most Precious Blood of Jesus
- Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary (also known as the Litany of Loreto)
- Litany of St. Joseph (Feast Day is March 19)
- Litany of the Saints
- Breastplate Prayer of St Patrick (Feast Day today, March 17)
- Formed.org is a great resource to keep learning, to study Scripture, to pray, to watch Christian movies.
Parish & School offices will be closed. Voicemail, email, Facebook, and website will continue to be checked and updated by staff working offsite.
Please check on elderly family members, neighbors, coworkers, and friends by way of phone. If people are in need, please attend to them or let the parish know of their need so we can assist.
Upcoming Events Status:
- Canceled: Public celebration of Mass, Adoration, Confessions, and Stations of the Cross
- Canceled: Parish Mission
- Canceled: All Are Worthy (aka Shanty Town)
- Canceled: All Athletics (tennis, softball, track, soccer, football clinics)
Please pray for peace of mind, healing for the sick, and strength & wisdom for those who care for them.
St Joseph, Patron and Protector of the Church and the Family, Pray for us. ~ Fr. Jeremy M. Gries