Online Bulletin - Ascension Sunday
May 22, 2020
Parish News & Announcements
While Masses are suspended, we will not be publishing a traditional bulletin. Please share this information with those who may not follow us online. You can also sign up for our weekly email here to get this content directly in your inbox.
When Masses resume next week, we will publish a traditional bulletin again. You can continue to expect emails from us on Fridays and Sundays
- Public Mass resumed this week following our regular schedule.
- To maintain proper social distancing, Masses this weekend (May 23/24) are open to Holy Family parishioners with last names K-Z.
- The 8am Sunday Mass will continue to be live streamed on Facebook and later posted on YouTube.
- Weekday Masses are open to all parishioners and typically have a small number of people in attendance. These would be a good option for those concerned about the large Sunday crowds but would still like to come to Mass.
- The obligation to attend Sunday Mass is lifted until at least August 15.
- Volunteers will sanitize pews, door handles, and other commonly touched surfaces between each Mass.
- The church is open for private prayer from 8:30am to 5pm Monday-Saturday.
- Fr. Gries is available for confessions between noon and 1pm, Tuesday through Saturday during the month of May (except May 22).
- Wearing a mask is recommended before entering the church building.
For complete information about Mass procedures, please read the HFNA Reopening Protocols.
Knights of Columbus Fish Fry
The Knights will be having another fish fry today. Lunch is served 11am-1pm; dinner is 4-7pm. The menu now includes codfish, limited oysters, and crab cakes! It is drive-through only at 809 E Main St, New Albany, IN.
Job Opportunity: High School President
Our Lady of Providence High School is currently accepting applications for the position of president. The position of president is an administrative position. Qualified applicants will have spent the majority of their career in the corporate or non-profit world in a leadership role. The president of the school is the chief executive, advancement, and financial officer of the institution and is responsible for all facets of its operation. The president leads and articulates the school’s mission and vision, creates and implements strategic plans, and builds and nurtures relationships. The president reports to and is evaluated by the superintendent of Catholic schools for the archdiocese with inputs from the Board of Trustees. The president works in close partnership with the principal who is the chief operating officer of the school.
The full job description and application information can be found here: https://archindy.applicantpro.com/jobs/1398455.html
Join Fr. Gries for the Rosary!
Each Friday in May, we will be live streaming a Rosary on Facebook Live. May is a month that Catholics show their love and devotion to Mary in a particular way. The stream will begin at 6pm on the Holy Family Parish Facebook page.
Pope Francis is encouraging families to "rediscover the beauty of praying the Rosary at home in the month of May." He has provided two prayers to Our Lady that can be prayed at the end of the Rosary during this month. Read his letter and access the prayers here.
Mass will continue to be streamed on Sundays at 8am
Liturgy guides with the readings and music for each Sunday will be available at holyfamilynewalbany.com/covid19. Download or view them on your phone to follow along while live streaming. Guides for the 6th Sunday of Easter are here:
Like and follow us on Facebook to be notified when we go live. We will begin the stream 5 minutes before the scheduled time so you pray in silence before we begin.
Not on Facebook? No problem! All our live streams are now available even without an account. Go to our Facebook page and click on the "Live" tab. The video will also be available on holyfamilynewalbany.org/covid19 by 10am each Sunday.
Your continued financial support is needed and appreciated during this time. If you are able to continue to give your weekly donation during this time, please consider signing up for our online giving program through Faith Direct.
You may also mail your weekly envelope to our office:
Holy Family Parish
129 West Daisy Lane
New Albany, IN 47150