COVID-19 Precautions - March 13 Update
Mar 13, 2020
Following on recommendations from the Archdiocese of Indianapolis, Holy Family Catholic Church has made adjustments to our schedule and routine for the coming weeks. Below is the plan, as of the morning of March 13:
- Mass, Adoration, Confessions, and Stations of the Cross will continue as scheduled.
- The parish office will remain open for normal hours.
(Please limit visits to essential items only or feel free to call us.)
- The Fish Fry scheduled for today (March 13) will now be carry out only
(Please use the East (Green Valley Rd) Gym Entrance only.)
(No determination has been made regarding the Apr 3 Fish Fry at this time)
- Parish Mission scheduled March 30-April 2 is being evaluated. More to come.
- All other non-essential, non-sacramental events and meetings are cancel from March 14 (tomorrow) through April 3.
- Holy Family Catholic School & Preschool will be closed Monday March 16 until (at least) Monday April 6. Additional information for parents regarding the school procedures will come from the school.
- In Heaven's Eyes and St. Vincent de Paul activities will continue as of now.
As always, if you are sick or unwell, it is an act of Charity to remain at home and get better.
The obligation for Sunday Mass has been lifted by Archbishop Thompson. This means no Catholic is required to attend Mass (until further notice). Everyone should still spend time in prayer each Sunday to recognize Almighty God in all His Holiness and Perfection. You might read and reflect upon the Sunday Readings found at: usccb.org/bible. Or, you can watch a televised broadcast of the Mass at: archlou.org/services-directory/mass-of-the-air/. If you are part of a vulnerable population or feel unsafe by attending Mass, you do not need to attend. As announced yesterday, Holy Family is taking extra precautions to keep the space clean and our community safe during all liturgies.
As we know, the COVID-19 virus is contagious, but so is fear, anxiety and panic. We can take refuge in Jesus Christ during times of fear and continue to turn to Him in prayer and the Sacraments.
Please pray for peace of mind, healing for the sick, and strength & wisdom for those who care for them.
St Joseph, Patron and Protector of the Church and the Family, Pray for us.