Nancy M. Denison, 74, of New Albany, Indiana passed away Saturday morning at her home in New Albany. She was born in Lexington, Kentucky and was a member of Holy Family Catholic Church in New Albany. She was a 1958 Graduate of Providence High School and was retired from the Floyd County Treasurers Office and Floyd County Emergency Management.
Holy Family Mom’s Group
- Join us as we pray and connect with other Holy Family moms.
- Saturday, July 26th, 8:45-9:45 AM in the school cafeteria.
- Bring your own coffee
- We will be praying the Rosary for our children and sharing conversation about our faith and families.
- Rusty at the Rosary? Don’t let that keep you home! We will have extra Rosaries to share as well as guides to praying the Rosary. You can also download the iRosary app ahead of time and use it to follow along!
- MISSION APPEAL - Sister Mary Ann DeFazio, a Sister of Providence of St. Mary-of-the Woods, IN, is speaking at all Masses this weekend on behalf of the ministries of her Congregation. The Sisters of Providence actively minister throughout Indiana and in 20 states, Taiwan, Singapore and China. Sister Mary Ann is here to ask for your prayerful and financial support. Please be generous.
- BACK-TO-SCHOOL BASH - The deadline for the Junior High Back-to-School Bash is July 30th. Permission slips can be found on the website.
- GOOD NEWS - Great news from Carol, our business officer: Our end of year reports shows that Holy Family Parish ended in the BLACK by $5,487 and was able to put aside $15,000 for contingency funds; the school ended in the BLACK by $9,843; childcare ended in the BLACK by $10,244 and the cafeteria ended in the BLACK $5,654. I want to thank you who are so faithful in supporting the parish with your treasure as well as your time and talents. Also a big thank you to our deceased friends and benefactors who left $30,000 in bequests and to our staff who kept expenses to a minimum. Last and most to our God who gives us what we need – nothing more, nothing less.
- VIRGINIAN DOLAN – Requiescat in pace. Our sister in the Lord, Virginia Dolan, went home to God last week. Her funeral was this past Friday. Please pray for Virginia, for her family and all her friends here at Holy Family who will miss her.
- ANOINTING OF THE SICK - Sometime ago I gave you my emergency cell number. Please remember that you can contact me if you or a loved one needs the Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick at any time, day or night. Floyd Memorial has my number but they do not contact me unless you specifically ask them to. It is better if you contact me personally as soon as you need me to come. Please do not wait until your loved one is dying. The sacraments are only for the living. After a person has died I can bless their body and say prayers with the family but I cannot administer the Sacrament formerly called “The Last Rites.”
- BLESSING FOR NEW FRESHMEN AT 10:30 AM MASS - Today we ask God blessing for our youth who will be starting high school this year. We pray that everything they do will begin with God’s inspiration and and end with his blessing.
- Registration for Children’s Catholic Faith Formation will be held after the 8:30 and 10:30 Sunday morning Mass next weekend.
- This Wednesday, July 23, 6-7:30 p.m. is Orientation Night for Holy Family School Families. We are having a special New Family Orientation Question and Answer Panel from 6-6:30 p.m. here in the Church.
Dolan, Virginia L. (Walker) “Ginny Lou”, 89, of New Albany, IN, passed away Tuesday evening, July 15, 2014.
She retired from Monroe Shine and was a long-time active member of Holy Family Catholic Church in New Albany. Virginia enjoyed vacationing, painting, and playing both golf and cards. She was an amazing mother and grandmother that never missed a family event or a grandchild’s activity.
Virginia was born on September 2, 1924 in Cuyahoga Falls, OH, to the late Harry and Mona (Brown) Walker. She was also preceded in death by her husband, Francis M. “Peachie” Dolan; and sister, June Neil.
She is survived by her loving children, Robert Dolan (Carole), Carol Burke (Steve), Eileen Burrous (Todd), and Nancy Ferguson (Gene); 12 grandchildren, and nine great-grandchildren with another on the way.
Visitation will be from 4- 8 p.m. Thursday, July 17, 2014 at Newcomer Funeral Home (3309 Ballard Lane, New Albany) and on Friday from 11 AM to 2 PM. Her Funeral Mass will be at 3 PM Friday at Holy Family Catholic Church (129 W. Daisy Lane, New Albany) with entombment to follow at St. Mary’s Catholic Cemetery in New Albany.
Expressions of sympathy may be made to Holy Family Catholic Church or to Hosparus – the Community Hospice of Southern Indiana (624 E. Market Street, New Albany, IN, 47150). To leave a special message for the family, please visit www.newcomerkentuckiana.com. – See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/louisville/obituary.aspx?n=virginia-l-dolan-walker&pid=171751253&fhid=16656#sthash.vUcmRemJ.dpuf
- Catholic Faith Formation (CFF) registrations will begin after each of the Sunday Masses on Sunday, July 27 in the lobby. Faith formation classes are provided as part of our parish covenant with our parishioners. Parents who asked to have their children baptized promise to teach them the Catholic Faith. We partner with them in this sacred trust by offering our children who attend public school in grades K-12 the opportunity to learn and grow in their faith. We also prepare children for receiving Sacraments.
- Next weekend the second of our summer missionaries, Sister Mary Ann DeFazio, will speak at all the Masses on behalf of the ministries of the Sisters of Providence. Besides serving in our Archdiocese, the Sisters of Providence also minister in 20 states, Taiwan, Singapore and China. Sister Mary Ann will be seeking your prayerful and financial support for these endeavors.
- Just a reminder that St. Mary’s Navilleton Picnic is July 20th. http://www.stmarysnavilleton.com/