If you’ve been to the Kroger on State St or any of the other retail & restaurants in the New Albany Plaza shopping mall, you may have been surprised and saddened, as I was, to see a new Planned Parenthood office going in between wholesome storefronts. This location will give these unwanted providers greater visibility and closer access to nearby neighborhoods. It is no doubt a decisive business decision on their part but it doesn’t belong. As a pastor, a priest, a patron of some of the other outlets in that shopping center, I’m am greatly concerned by the lives of countless little ones that will be lost and the lives of their mothers (and fathers) that will be damaged, even destroyed, by such forever choices. No doubt, their situations are difficult, dire, and desperate. They may well be scared or struggling, and this seems like the ‘only choice’. But we need to find ways to help them see other options – the option of life – the option to uphold women’s lives – the option of true healthcare that acknowledges and upholds the integrity of the human person and of human dignity from conception to natural death. Join with me in prayers. Join with me in supporting positive options for babies, women, and families:
702 E. Market St., New Albany, IN 47150
2656 Charlestown Road, New Albany, IN 47150
In February, the US Bishops Conference’s Secretariat on Pro-Life Activities issued a document on 13 February 2020 called Planned Parenthood: Setting the Record Straight. It provides data and details substantiating the 12 points below. (see link below for full document)
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is by far the largest abortion provider in the U.S.
- Every Planned Parenthood affiliate must perform abortions [either surgical and/or chemical].
- Planned Parenthood provides 25 times more abortions than birth-oriented services or referrals.
- Planned Parenthood promotes risky RU-486 abortions that have killed young women.
- Planned Parenthood fights even modest laws to reduce or regulate abortions.
- Planned Parenthood doesn't believe in a “right to choose” against abortion. [PPFA opposes laws recognizing conscience rights for [medical personnel] and health facilities with moral or religious objections to abortion.]
- Planned Parenthood is not “pro-choice” for women.
- Planned Parenthood’s role in serving women’s health is compromised at best, and is better taken over by other [community healthcare centers, which are more numerous and provide more comprehensive women’s healthcare].
- “Nonprofit” Planned Parenthood reaps enormous revenues, including tax revenues.
- Even as Planned Parenthood’s government funding has increased, the number of medical services it provides has decreased—but not abortions.
- Planned Parenthood promotes risky “emergency contraception” to minors.
- Planned Parenthood has promoted abortions worldwide, even where it is illegal
Holy Family of Jesus, Mary, & Joseph, Sanctuary of Life, Pray for us.
~ Fr Jeremy M. Gries