As a way to remind children to ‘keep Christ in Christmas.’ One way we do this is through the annual Nativity Crèches. There are often many pictures of Holy Family with the baby Jesus in the manger surrounded by Mary, Joseph, and shepherds. I would like to invite children connected to Holy Family parish and school to help us see the birth of the Messiah through a child’s eyes. So, children of the parish and school are invited to participate in a Christmas Art Exhibit.
Children are invited to submit original artwork expressing the angel’s proclamation to the shepherds:
“The angel said to them, “Do not be afraid; for behold,
I proclaim to you good news of great joy…”
The art will be divided into two categories by school grade level (Category I: K,1,2 and Category II: 3,4,5). We will have a category champion for each division, and a grand champion from all submissions.
Deadline is Tuesday, December 06, 2022 – Feast of St Nicholas
Submission location: Holy Family Parish Office or Holy Family School Office
Guidelines for submitting work:
- Child may submit only one (1) picture.
- Works must be the original production of the child entering. We will not accept copies of existing work by another child or artist and/or images copyrighted by anyone other than the entering child. (However, having the child look at the many artist reflections of this theme over the centuries may help the child to imagine the scene for him or herself.)
- Original artwork should be no larger than 8.5” x 11” and on cardstock, so they may be hung.
- Original artwork may use any medium – crayons, pencils, pastels, paints, watercolors, etc.
- Each submission shall have the child’s name, grade, address, and a phone number on the back, when the picture is delivered to the church (Sunday Masses only), parish office, or school office.
- Pictures will be displayed in Holy Family Catholic Church beginning on Christmas Eve, Friday, December 24, 2022 through the end of the Christmas season on the Baptism of the Lord, Monday, January 09, 2023.
- Any picture not picked up by Monday, January 09, 2023 will become the property of the parish.
- By submitting a piece of art, the child/parents provide the parish with a free photo release to use a picture of the image of the winning submissions on the parish Christmas season bulletins.
If your artwork is selected as a category champion or grand champion, Fr Gries will contact you.
The champions will have their artwork grace the cover of the parish weekend bulletins during the Christmas Season. Champions will receive ribbons and a gift card.
The selection among the works of art for champions will be made by a Holy Family Parish selection committee and will be final. For questions, please contact Fr Jeremy Gries @ 812-944-8283x1 or [email protected].