My name is Jeannine Stilger Newcomb (better known as Miss Jeannine) and I have been employed here at Holy Family since June of 2002 as Director of Liturgical Music. I was born and raised in Lanesville, Indiana. Went to St. Mary’s, Lanesville Grade School and Lanesville Junior and Senior High. I attended IUS.
I have been asked by several people, “What do you do here besides play on the weekends?” Well, lets take a walk through the music department here at Holy Family and you will begin to see what it is that I and a lot of other people do for the parish of Holy Family.
• Play mass for the 5-8th graders on Tuesday mornings and plan and play the all school mass which is usually on Friday mornings each week.
• We have children’s choir rehearsals two days after school for an hour which I prepare the children to sing for the all school masses and one Sunday a month.
• Rehearse with the children who will be ministers for the all school mass.
• Direct an adult choir for Christmas and Easter
• Direct and play with the string group. We play for one mass a month and for holidays.
• Play for the parish funeral masses.
• Train and schedule the cantors and accompanists for our weekend masses.
• Meet with and help couples choose music for their weddings.
• Attend bi-monthly liturgy meetings.
• Prepare the voices of the high school youth for their monthly youth mass.
As you can see I stay very busy here at Holy Family. I am in my office or on campus on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays and most Sundays. You may reach me at 812-944-8283 x-4 or at email@example.com
Like so many of the staff members here at Holy Family I consider my job a joy and a pleasure. This is a wonderful school and parish to belong to and a blessing to be employed here.
One of my favorite quotes is: “What you are is God’s gift to you…What you make of yourself is your gift to God”. So if your gift is music please consider sharing it with the whole congregation.
If you are interested in any of these music groups please e-mail or call me here at Holy Family.
See you in churchJ