- Our Pastoral Council will meet this coming Wednesday evening at 7 pm in the basement meeting room of the parish office building. Please be sure to bring the article on pastoral planning.
- We will not be able to provide a 2012 church calendar this year. In the past generous sponsors paid for the calendar, but no one has offered this gift for the coming year. Our parish resources do not permit us to pick up this expense.
- Please remember that the St Vincent de Paul Angel gifts are due this weekend. Next Saturday St Vincent volunteers will be using the church to bag the gifts. Mass will be at 9:30 am instead of 8 am to allow time for this project.
- If you have not yet made a pledge or a gift to the annual Christ Our Hope campaign, please let that be part of your Christmas gift to God. If you have been generous in the past but will not be able to help this year, please let me know that I do not badger you about making a contribution.
- Remember that our parish communal penance service is 3 pm on Sunday, December 18. There will be six priests here to help us make a good confession before Christmas.
MONDAY, DECEMBER 12
8:30 a.m. – Legion of Mary Meeting (PAC)
9:00 a.m. – Ladies to quilt (PAC)
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 13
6:30 p.m. – Brother Bob Baxter (CAFÉ)
7:30 p.m. – Men’s Club Meeting (CAFÉ)
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 14
6:00 p.m. – Parish Adult Choir rehearsal for Christmas (Church)
9:00 p.m. – HOUR OF POWER (PAC)
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 15
1:00 & 7:00 p.m. – School Christmas Program (Marchino Hall)
- This past Sunday, we started using the new translation of the Mass. We have Storrington pamphlets in the pew for you to use. Please do not take these home. If you want to take something home, we have laminated handouts and booklets at the doors of the church for you to take and keep at home.
- Just wanted to let you know that the Home-School Association has generously furnished the material and the people-power to paint the gym over the Christmas holidays.
- Our Thanksgiving Day Mass will be at 9 am this coming Thursday. Can you think of a better way to start your day?
- St. Vincent de Paul Society will have their Giving Tree Tags out before & after masses the weekend of Nov. 26 & 27. Please help us to help the less fortunate this Christmas season. Any questions can be directed to Ruth Kaiser 944-9897. Thank you for your generosity.
- If you have donations for Heaven’s Eyes, thank you! And please know that you can drop things off at the new location: the old rectory on Daisy Lane.
- SCRIP gift cards will be sold after Sunday Masses this weekend only. Proceeds from these sales help the school offset the cost of tuition. We appreciate your continued support of this fundraising event.
- Holy Family is looking for children in grades 2 – 8 to participate in a Christmas Pageant to be presented at 6:30pm mass on Christmas Eve. Rehearsals will be in church on Mondays from 3:00 – 4:00 starting on November 28 with an additional practice on the morning of December 23. Please contact Julie Hallal firstname.lastname@example.org by Nov. 26 if you are interested in taking part.
- Remember that there are free booklets explaining the changes in the Mass. Please take one.
- November 6 is Intention Sunday for the Christ Our Hope annual appeal and your commitment to Holy Family Parish. There are extra pledge cards in the pew in case you forgot yours. “I hope that you have given sufficient prayer and thought to your sacrifice decision. On behalf of our parish and the diocese I thank you.” – Fr. Dan
- Please pray for our children who will be celebrating their first Reconciliation this coming Wednesday at 7 pm
- Next weekend Father Hugo Montero will be with you to tell you about his work with Food for the Poor. There will not be a second collection but he will explain about how you can help in this work.
- The next Youth Ministry Pancake and Sausage Breakfast will be next Sunday November 13 after the 8:30 and 10:30 Masses. We hope you can join us and thank you for your continued support!
- First Reconciliation for our 2nd grade children will be Wednesday November 9th at 7:00pm in the church. Please keep these children in your prayers that they will have a loving and merciful encounter with Our Lord in the Sacrament of Confession.
- We have a holy day of obligation this coming Tuesday: November 1st is the Feast of All Saints. Please see the bulletin or our website for the Mass times.
- The October 30 Bulletin is available online.
- Father will be on retreat this week at St. Meinrad. On Monday we will have Mass and the Anointing of the Sick. Tuesday through Thursday we will have Communion services. Friday Father Bill Ernst will be with us to celebrate Mass.
- The Christ Our Hope Parish Intention Cards will be mailed out this week. You should receive them late this week or early next week, so that you can return them to Mass on November 5-6.
- If you took a baby bottle for the Baby Bottle Boomerang, please bring it back with your donation next weekend, October 22 and 23. Thank you very much for your generosity.
- This coming Friday, October 21, we will offer an information session on preparation for the Sacrament of Marriage and celebrating your wedding here at Holy Family. Please call the Parish office at 812-944-8283, extension 223, OR email email@example.com if you plan to attend.
- If you have a Holy Family pix – a small gold container – and are no longer using it to take Eucharist to a shut in, please return it to the Parish office as soon as possible. We are running low and we do not want to purchase more unless we need to.
Announcements Oct 8-9
- A reminder that the Parish Pastoral Council will meet this Wednesday evening at 7 pm in the Parish Office Building.
- The 2012 lector workbooks will be ordered for those who request them. Please call Carl and Mary Kay Wolford at 945-7267 to place your request.
- If you have a gift for interior design and decoration consider signing up for our reorganized Art and Environment Committee. If you are interested in helping, please contact Albert Perkins. He is in the final stages of setting up the teams and does not want to leave anyone out.
- Photo sessions for the new pictorial directory are being taken in the cafeteria area. Enter the main lobby door leading out into the back parking lot. There are still a few appointment times left. If you are sending in snapshots for the opening pages of the pictorial, please get them to the Parish Office by the end of this week.
- On October 13th at 7p.m. everyone is invited to an evening practice for the new Mass setting we will be singing when we begin using the new translation of the Mass.
- 1st Reconciliation Sacramental Enrichment for parents will be held Wednesday, Oct. 12, at 6:30pm in the church.
- On October 13th at 7 p.m. everyone is invited to an evening practice for the new Mass setting we will be singing when we begin using the new translation of the Mass.
- Many, many thanks to Jared Hallal and Albert Perkins for creating the fall stewardship banners hanging in the sanctuary. As we begin the annual appeal they will help us to remember the many ways we can help the Lord and show our gratitude for his gifts.
- 1st Reconciliation Sacramental Enrichment for parents will be heldWednesday, Oct. 12, at 6:30 p.m. in the church. If you have not been through the 1st Reconciliation process for another child, this evening is a required part of the preparation for the sacrament.