We are in the process of creating our 2018 Parish Directory and need all parishioners to please call the office with any updates by Oct 31. This includes family changes, kids leaving home, landline changes, cell phone numbers and email addresses. We need you to please call Karen at the parish office to verify we have your correct information. 812-944-8283 ext 0.
The fiscal year ending June 30, 2017, financial reports are now available here. Please feel free to contact Carol Goins, Business Manager, with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The parish and the school ended the year in the black. As explained below, some of the overage was moved to contingency accounts, made up deficits, or returned to our endowment accounts.
- Interest disbursed from our endowment accounts was reinvested back in the endowment accounts as the funds were not needed for operations (Parish-$11,750 and School-$8.975).
- The school made up past year deficits of $12,030.
- The parish moved $25,000 to a contingency fund for emergency use and another $20,000 to a capital improvements fund.
- The school moved $10,000 to a textbook fund for future adoptions and $17,000 to a contingency fund to be used for technology needs.
- Thank you for your continued support of your Holy Family Church and School. Your generosity is much appreciated and much needed.
At this weekend’s Masses, September 23 & 24, we will have a second collection for In Heaven’s Eyes. The mission of “In Heaven’s Eyes” is to show God’s love by providing clothing, spiritual meaning and comfort to the poor, lost and needy. Thank you for your continued support of our ministries to the people of God!
Holy Family Parish in New Albany had the largest turnout, with 31 youths and their parents participating in the Mass and breakfast.
Sara Raelson, youth minister of the parish for the past five years, says she felt “humbled” by the generosity of the Knights.
“I was humbled, really, that they want to invest in this experience,” she says. “I think it meant a lot to the kids. Sometimes they kind of feel that their involvement [in the Church] isn’t appreciated. … That these adults wanted to have this Mass and breakfast for them, and put themselves out there and say, ‘We value you, and we value what you’re going to bring to our Church and our faith,’ was really amazing.”
Raleson says the $100 per youth can affect whether or not a person is able to attend NCYC.
“We have a cost of about $550 per kid,” she explains. “They have to do fundraising. If they don’t reach that total, they won’t be able to go.
“This [donation] made the experience reachable for some of these kids. We have a couple sibling groups. One family is sending three kids. The cost can add up for some families. [The kids] were all really grateful.”
To read more from this article, please click here.
We will be creating a new ministry schedule for all lectors, altar servers, greeters, sacristans, and ushers. You should have gotten a reminder to update your availability and mass preferences. It is extremely important you take a few minutes to do this so you get scheduled for the masses you attend. If you have questions, please call Karen Ext 0 or Paul Ext 4 at the parish office 812-944-8283. The Deadline is Friday, Sept. 8.
Tuesday, August 15 is the Solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
Holy Family will offer Masses at 8:00 am, 12 noon, and 6:30 pm.
Help Holy Family earn more Box Tops!
Thanks to General Mills and Walmart, when you buy five Box Tops for Education Products between August 1, 2017 and August 31, 2017 and scan your receipt with the Box Tops Bonus App, you automatically earn 50 Bonus Box Tops – that’s $5 for Holy Family!
With your help, we can make a difference for our school! Thanks for all your hard work and support!
To learn more, please visit Walmart.com/BoxTops. To download the Box Tops Bonus App, follow the links below:
For Apple devices, please click here
For Android devices, please click here
The Installation Mass of Archbishop Thompson will be held at 2:00 pm today. If you would like to watch it, the Archdiocese of Indianapolis will be streaming the ceremony on the link below.
There has been a change to Kroger Community Rewards. In past years, August 1st began the re-enrollment period. Effective immediately all participants will roll over and stay enrolled in their organization instead of having to re-enroll each year.
Enrollment for NEW participants will work the same way as the past. Follow the instructions below to enroll in Kroger Community Rewards.
How to ENROLL in Kroger Community Rewards:
- Go to www.Kroger.com
- Click the blue Sign In tab at top of the page
- Enter your email address and password and click the blue Sign In tab
- Click Community along the top menu, then Kroger Community Rewards
- From Community Rewards, click on the Enroll button
- a. Find Organization
- b. Select Holy Family School (Click the button to the left of the organization)
- c. Save your Selection (Click the Save button to save your selection.)
Call 1-800-KROGERS, Option #3, with questions.
Youth Soccer League Pre-K thru 2nd Grade (PreK – K and 1st-2nd grade teams will be made).
Please return this registration form to the school office/Mrs. Zoeller. Deadline to Register is Friday August 4th 2017
Cost is the one time $50 Athletic Fee. The Athletic fee is for the entire school year for one or all sports offered for this age group. For more information regarding soccer contact Justin Popp at email@example.com or 502 500 6555 for information regarding your athletic fee payment contact Syd Whitlock at firstname.lastname@example.org.