Please read the attached letter regarding the closure of the New Albany Deanery Aquinas Center. The Aquinas Center will close on June 30, 2017.
SIC Football/Cheer Registrations will be held Tuesday, May 16, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Gym. SIC is open to all Floyd and Harrison County parish registrants or parish school attendees, boys grades 1st – 8th and girls K-8th . Season will begin mid July and run until mid October. More information can be found at or by contacting Jenn Murphy at .
Holy Family will hold basketball evaluations for 3rd and 4th grade on Monday, January 30; girls will be from 5:00 – 6:00 pm and boys will be from 6:00 – 7:00 pm. Please bring a physical form and medical release to the 1st night.
Games will begin on the weekend of February 18-19, 2017.
The following staff position is being posted at Holy Family Catholic School, New Albany, at this time:
After Care Program – there is a job opportunity in the After Care Program at Holy Family School. The hours are 2:30 -6:00. If you are interested, please call Karla Coots at 502-609-1673.
Holy Family Parish is so happy to share the entire 2016 schedule of the New Albany Deanery Parishes’ Picnics and Festivals with you. All of the festivals are listed below, or you can download this printable PDF file to carry around with you.
ST. JOHN STARLIGHT STRAWBERRY FESTIVAL
- Saturday, May 28 (8 a.m.-6 p.m.)
- Buffet-style chicken dinner served from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Build your own strawberry shortcake
- Soap box derby, “kids” inflatable bouncers, bingo, craft booths, Little Miss and Mister Shortcake contest, raffle, frozen drinks and much more!
MOUNTFEST: AN EXPERIENCE OF KENTUCKIANA
- Saturday, June 4 (2pm-8pm)
- Enjoy an afternoon and evening of good wine, cold beer, delicious food and live music-all unique to Kentuckiana
- Browse booths featuring local artist &
- Also, our own TERRY’S TREASURES flea
- market and garage sale in the gym
- Grand Prize Drawing-$8,000 in prizes
- RAIN OR SHINE!!!
- 316 N. Sherwood Ave. Clarksville, IN
- Saturday, June 18 (Noon-11 p.m.)
- Air-conditioned Chicken Dinner 2–8 p.m.
- Cakes, Quilts, Bingo, Children’s Play Land
- Midway Games/Booths from Noon to 9 p.m.
- Beer Garden, Gambling (Opens at 4 p.m.)
- Capital Prizes and Mini-Raffles: First:
- $5,000; Second: $1,000; Third: $500
- Music by DJ Mike Franklin from Noon-8pm
- “The Juice Box Heroes” from 8–11 p.m.
ST. JOSEPH TRI PARISH
- AT HARRISON COUNTY FAIR GROUNDS
- Sunday, June 26 (10 a.m.-3:30 p.m.)
- Chicken dinner, homemade noodles, pies and more!
- Large children’s area!
- Games, booths, silent auction, Granny’s Attic
- flea market, quilts, raffle
- Big money raffle: First: $5,000; Second: $1,000; Third: $500; Fourth: $300
ST. MARY NAVILLETON
- 7500 Navilleton Rd. Floyds Knobs
- Sunday, July 17
- Chicken dinner with all the fixin’s served in our air-conditioned dining room from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m with carry out available until 4pm.
- Silent auction, bingo, children’s games, quilts,
- lots of booths and fun!
- $2,500 in cash prizes
- 5K Fun Run/Walk at 8 a.m. Saturday, July 16 – registration forms are available online at www.stmarysnavilleton.com
ST. BERNARD FRENCHTOWN
- 7600 Hwy. 337 NW, Depauw
- Sunday, Aug. 7 (10 a.m.-4 p.m.)
- Drawing for $10,000 – Only 333 tickets sold
- ($100 each)
- Country fried chicken/ham dinner, homemade noodles and pies served in an air conditioned dining room
- Silent auction, games for kids, 50/50 raffle,
- handmade quilts, games of chance
ST. MARY LANESVILLE
- 2500 St. Mary’s Dr. Lanesville, IN
- Sunday, Aug. 14 (10 a.m.-4 p.m.)
- Chicken and ham dinner served country style in an air conditioned dining room
- $6,000 in cash prizes
- Over 30 quilts to be raffled
- Linen/craft booths, huge Granny’s Attic,
- numerous games
- Mass schedule: 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
ST. MARY OF THE KNOBS ‘KNOBSFEST’
- Saturday, August 20
- “Louisville Crashers” 9pm to midnight!
- Gambling and Beer Garden 6pm to midnight!
- Sunday, August 21
- 10:30am to 3:00pm
- Home-cooked chicken dinners
- Booths, Capital Prizes, quilts
- Bingo, Kid’s Zone
ST. AUGUSTINE JEFFERSONVILLE
- 315 E. Chestnut St., Jeffersonville
- Sunday, Sept. 11 (11 a.m.-3 p.m.)
- Harvest chicken dinner
- Quilt raffle
- Bake sale
ST. MARY NEW ALBANY LATIN FIESTA
- Saturday, Sept. 17
- Fiesta Latina-beginning with 5:30 outdoor Mass followed by exhibition of traditional Mexican dances.
- Food, music and games for children until 10:30pm
ST. MICHAEL CHARLESTOWN ‘SEPTEMBERFEST’
- 101 St. Michael Drive
- Sunday, Sept. 18
- Famous fried chicken dinner and traditional
- Mexican food from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Silent auction, games of chance, quilt raffle, money raffle
- Mexican music and dancing
- $500 Jay C/Kroger gift card raffle
- Mass schedule: 11 a.m. (bilingual)
ST. MICHAEL BRADFORD
- 11400 Farmers Lane, NE
- Sunday, Sept. 25 (10:30 a.m.-5 p.m.)
- Annual ham and chicken dinner with dumplings from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Raffles, quilts, booths, bingo and more
- Silent auction!
ST. MARY NEW ALBANY
- Saturday, Oct. 1
- Join us at Spring & Eighth Streets between
- 10:00am & 3:00pm before & after the Harvest Homecoming Parade to continue your family fun at our parish festival!
- Food, games for all ages, activities for children and music by a DJ
ST. JOHN PAUL II Turkey Shoot, Fall Festival and Chicken Dinner
- At St. Joe Hill, 2605 St. Joe Rd. W, Sellersburg
- Sunday, Oct. 2 (11 a.m.)
- Chicken dinner with homemade dumplings
- Improved carry-out containers
- Booths raffles, quilts!
- Firing range
Communications Manager desired for medium-size parish in Southern Indiana.
Holy Family Catholic Church and School are looking for a full-time Communications Manager. As Communications Manager this person would have a Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience in Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design, or a similar field.
This person would be responsible for updating Church and School websites and social media accounts; coordinating and collecting content for E-newsletters, websites, and church bulletins. Must be proficient on a Mac computer and comfortable using social media, and willing to learn new communications platforms as those emerge.
Experience in writing, photography, and Adobe Indesign are bonuses.
1) Catholic Faith Formation
2) Developing the Mind, Body and Spirit
3) Opportunities to Pursue Individual Interests
4) Professional and Dedicated Faculty
5) Caring Parents, Parish and Community
Call M-F between 9am and 2 pm, for a private tour (812) 944-6090.
Spring Break is March 28-April 6. 2016.
Holy Family School develops inquiring minds, caring hearts, and lives devoted to Christ. At Holy Family School, students build an educational foundation which enables them to make lifelong contributions to self, family, Church, and community.
Annual Gala Dinner & Auction is next weekend
REGISTRATION and PARENT MEETING – November 2, 2015, Providence Cafeteria from 6:30-7:30 p.m. 5th-8th grade beginner and experiences wrestlers. $75.00 registration fee. Season runs November 2015-March 2016. Wrestlers should not attend parent meeting. Physical and medical releases required on file at Deanery. Head Coach: Kevin Bott – firstname.lastname@example.org