Thank you to the families that have so graciously donated your time, talent, and treasure to the Saint Vincent DePaul Society for years. Through your generosity, we have been able to help thousands manage through some difficult times. Here is another example of your giving hearts:
Two weeks ago, a note was sent out through Holy Family social media accounts requesting for an immediate donation of a twin or double bed for a client of the New Albany Housing Authority. We also asked for donation of kitchen household goods. Well, we received 5 beds plus dressers, couches, chairs, plates, crockpots, toasters, coffee makers, etc…. Your beds went to:
- a mother of three whose two youngest slept every night on a couch
- a 60 year old man that just had surgery with chemotherapy and due to a lack of insurance had sold everything he had and had to move back in with his mother. He was sleeping on a neighbors air mattress.
- a 50 year old man that lost everything in a home fire and only had folding chairs and an air mattress for furniture.
- a young mother and her 8 year old son that relocated to New Albany to get the boy away from an abusive father.
- a 49 year old man who had been homeless and called back later that evening chocked up thanking us for giving him a bed that he could call his own for the first time in years.
We also distributed the other furniture, kitchen goods, bedding, rugs, towels, and food to these and other clients. On behalf of the Saint Vincent DePaul Society, thanks again for being the hands, eyes, and heart of Jesus to people you may never get the opportunity to meet in person. God Bless!