18 Sep 2012
March to Recovery September Update
St. Elizabeth Catholic Charities along with March2Recovery is coordinating the case management for all those who suffered damage from the March 2nd tornadoes in Clark, Washington and Jefferson counties. It has been six months and the recovery efforts are moving along. Due to this progress the residents and recovery team have some new needs. These include:
- We are in the need for volunteer skilled construction workers. You may come as a team or as a single volunteer. Let the team know your skill set and they will match you up with a need for those skill sets. You may contact Jane Crady at 317-642-7322 or Beverly Knight at 502-599-8557. You may also sign up via the following website. http://march2recovery.org/
- We are in need of gently used furniture. This includes couches/chairs, beds (no mattresses), dresser drawers and appliances. Please contact Kathy O’Day at 502-612-9192 if you have any furniture you can donate.
- We are also in need of storage for furniture. With construction it is difficult to know exactly when a resident will be able to move in and thus this difficult timing necessitates a need for storage space. Ideally this space would be either in Henryville, Charlestown or even northern Jeffersonville. If you have access to space please contact Jane Crady.
- We could also use a reliable used box truck to pick up and deliver furniture. If you have one you can give or loan to this effort please contact Jane Crady.
- There is also a continued need for cleaning products and paper products as the residents move into their new/repaired homes. On occasion we are also in need of other items such as baby food. As our storage is extremely limited, please contact Kathy O’Day for current needs.
On behalf of everyone who has received help these past six months and all disaster aid workers and volunteers in the area, I would like to thank the community for their incredible generosity and ask that you keep everyone in your prayers as we progress in this relief effort and the days turn from incredibly hot to the cold fall and then winter.
St. Elizabeth Catholic Charities